Classes begin quarterly
Submit your application today. Online classes held through our proven virtual classroom experience are enrolling now. Learn more.
Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
Online Seattle and Bellevue Coding Boot Camp
With the rising demand for web development skills across industries, the University of Washington Coding Boot Camp was designed to prepare students with the knowledge they need to tap into today’s digital economy.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects.
- Put your new skills into practice by building complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Professional & Continuing Education, demonstrating your achievement to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide array of career support services like resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, and recruiting to help you put your best foot forward.
We provide you with the options you need to fit the demands of your life. Choose our 24-week, part-time program to advance your skills without leaving your day job, or choose our 12-week, immersive program to launch your career sooner and study at a faster pace. Both programs provide the opportunity to become part of a community of peers and dive into a life-changing experience. With classroom-based learning and hands-on projects, you’ll explore the theory and application of web development.
Dynamic Learning Experience
UW Coding Boot Camp’s part-time and full-time programs equip you with the skills for full stack web development through immersive classes centered on hands-on projects and peer collaboration.
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, student success and career services teams, and a free tutor network.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
Gain Future-Proof Skills
Through hands-on developer work and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development—helping you stand out in today’s market.
- Algorithms (Searches, Sorts)
- Time Complexity
- Big O Notation
- Data Structures
Browser Based Technologies
- Responsive Design
- Local Storage, Session Storage, IndexedDB
Server Side Development
- User Authentication
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js)
Supplemental Self-Study Topics
- Amazon Web Services
Get Program Info
Industry-Driven Full Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
How to Apply to the Coding Boot Camp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An advisor will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Coding Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- Immersive, 12-week program
- Classes held Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
No, applicants to UW Coding Boot Camp do not need to be University of Washington students. This program is offered through UW Professional & Continuing Education.
The cost of both the part-time and full-time programs is $12,995.* Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change